BCTechTalk collect your personal information via:
– registration form on a website, where you fill in your personal data;
What information we collect?
BC TechTalk collects and processes the following information about you:
– information that you voluntarily provide by filling out and submitting online registration form. The information you give us may include:
1) your name;
2) email address;
3) phone number;
4) company name;
5) job title;
– We collect information automatically about your visits of BC TechTalk website.
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via the BC TechTalk website for the purposes of:
– Providing of marketing services and for sales;
– Dealing with your enquiries and requests;
– Providing you with information about our services;
– Administration of BC TechTalk’s website and run internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis and testing.
This information is statistical data about our users’ browsing patterns and is used to understand how the website is being used.
Your information may be collected and processed on the following legal bases:
– it is necessary for pursuing our legitimate interests, considering these interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms, e.g. we use your information to administer, improve and secure our website;
– it is necessary for performing the contract we have with you;
Sharing of personal information
We generally do not share personal information collected via the BC TechTalk’s website with third parties. However, personal information may be shared with third parties where one of the following circumstances applies:
- you have consented to us doing so;
- we are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to disclose your personal information, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our clients or others;
- our company is merged or acquired by a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged assets;
- to provide anonymous statistical information about users of the website and related usage information to reputable third parties;
- we are using a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing.
Where we have knowledge that such third parties are using or disclosing personal information in a manner contrary to this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure. BC TechTalk holds these third parties accountable for maintaining the trust you place in the company through the use of documents such as Non-Disclosure Agreements.
Links to third party websites
How long we store your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on the nature of your interactions with us. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete or anonymise it. Please note that where you unsubscribe or opt out from a marketing communication, we need to keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
We maintain reasonable safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, misuse, alteration, or destruction of the personal information you provide to us through our website. We protect data in many ways. Physical security is designed to prevent unauthorized access to database equipment and hard copies containing our confidential information, including your personal information. Electronic security measures continuously monitor access to our servers and provide protection from hacking or other unauthorized access from remote locations. This protection includes the use of firewalls, restricted access and encryption technology.
Please note, however, that perfect security does not exist on the Internet. Therefore, while we endeavor to protect your personal information, when data is transferred over the Internet it may potentially be accessed and used by unauthorized parties.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to object to, restrict and/or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information, the right to access or erase your personal information, and the ability to receive a readable copy of your personal information.
However, note that these rights are not absolute and even if you exercise these rights we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please send an email to email@example.com and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing, changing or deleting your information. We will respond to your request as soon as practically possible.
You may also have the right to contact the relevant data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns, we request that you initially contact us at the email address above so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
Agreement with Collection and Use of Information